Hamburg - pulsierende Metropole am Wasser
Metropole, Szenestadt und maritimes Flair. Um Hamburg zu erkunden, gibt es keinen schöneren Ausgangspunkt als die Jugendherberge Hamburg "Auf dem Stintfang". Ein echtes Highlight: der sensationelle Blick auf den Hafen. Gleich daneben: Kult-Stadtteil St. Pauli und Innenstadt, "Michel", Shoppingmeile und unsere schöne Nachbarin - die Elbphilharmonie.
Leisure facilities in the immediate area
"On the Reeperbahn at half past midnight ..."
No other street in Hamburg sounds quite like this one. Explore Germany's most exciting red light district. Experience the charm of the people of St Pauli and the district's special appeal. The numerous clubs, bars and nightclubs are within walking distance and you can get insider tips from our team at the reception.
Miniatur Wunderland Hamburg
The largest model railway in the world amazes not only railway fans. From Las Vegas to the Alps, the builders have created with loving detail a world in miniature, one which features entertaining visual effects and breathtaking technology. The Miniatur Wunderland has become one of the most popular tourist attractions in Germany. mehr
Discover Hamburg harbour on the barges of Captain Prüsse. The harbour tour will take you along the jetties, past old veterans like the "Rickmer Rickmers", through the warehouse district, and, depending on water levels, to the modern port of the present and to the Elbe Philharmonic Hall. Tip: Discounted tickets are available at the front desk. mehr
Guided tours of the city
Warehouse district, port district, city centre and St Pauli are best explored on foot. Stadtreisen Hamburg is our partner for private tours. more
When one thinks Hamburg Cathedral, one does not think of a church, but of the fun fair that held on the Schießbudenplatz square three times a year. Besides the largest transportable Ferris wheel in Europe, visitors can also enjoy "Hamburger Speck" (marshmallows), "Sprungfeder" (deep fried cakes) and "Kirschtaschen" (cherry turnovers).
Hamburg offers a variety of theatres. From funny to sentimental and exciting plays. We particularly recommend:
- Schmidt Theater and Schmidts Tivoli: Whether you want to see the witty revue "Heiße Ecke" at the Tivoli or the "Pension Schmidt" at Schmidts - you're only a 5-minute walk away from the front row when you stay at this hostel. more
- Mystery stories in the "Imperialtheater": Bang, bang, you're dead! The Imperialtheater is the perfect excuse for a night on the Reeperbahn with Edgar Wallace and Co. more
- Ernst Deutsch Theater: sophisticated entertainment the renowned theatre. more
- Kellertheater Hamburg: The latest craze - the small literary theatre in the heart of the city. more
Current art exhibitions directly on the Rathausmarkt ("town hall marketplace"). In addition to guided tours for schools, evening tours and workshops are also offered. more
Various swimming pools in Hamburger pools are within easy reach of the youth hostel. There's something for every taste - from "wellness" to water slides, from saunas to salt scrubs. more
Szene Hamburg is Hamburg's magazine with all the news, facts and events in Hamburg. Where are the parties? What concerts are going to take place? more
Highlights of Hamburg
- Hamburg harbour, landmark of St Michaelis church - colloquially called "Michel"
- Speicherstadt (warehouse city), HafenCity, fish market
- Reeperbahn - the red-light district
- Hagenbeck Zoo
- The Alster lake, Jungfernstieg shopping street
- Town Hall, musicals
- Trendy neighbourhoods: Ottensen, Schanzenviertel, St Georg, Karolinenviertel